Building Safety All Member Meeting – Follow Up
To: Build UK Members
Thanks to all those of you who joined our last Building Safety All Member Meeting on 19 September, where we discussed how the next phase of the building safety regime that came into effect from 1 October will affect all new buildings.
Please note the latest information:
- Build UK’s guide to the Building Safety Regime has been updated to reflect all the secondary legislation that has now been published. The October 2023 version published today includes links to the most recent guidance including:
- Safety Case for a High-Rise Residential Building and Preparing a Safety Case Report
- Building safety guides for Accountable Persons, including assessing and managing building safety risks in High-Rise Residential Buildings
- Preparing a Resident Engagement Strategy
- BSR Charging Scheme
- A Guide for Persons with Duties under the Fire Safety Order and Fire Safety Regulations.
- Build UK Chief Executive Suzannah Nichol has published an article in Building Magazine reinforcing the need for collaboration to ensure that everyone across the supply chain fulfils their responsibilities under the new regime, which we would be grateful if you could share.
- Suzannah was also on the building safety panel at the Building the Future Commission conference hosted by Building Magazine last week, which saw publication of its report into the English planning system, with a building safety one expected to follow.
- The BSR is running weekly Q&A sessions via Teams with a different topic each week which are very informative, and please email Jenny Hagan if you would like to attend going forward.
- With the new dutyholder responsibilities coming into force from 1 October, Build UK is currently reviewing the Common Assessment Standard to ensure it can be used to demonstrate organisational capability under the Building Safety Act. If you have any suggested questions for inclusion or would like to be involved in the review process, please email David Bishop.