Training Concrete Frame Training Forum (CFTF)
Concrete Frame Training Forum (CFTF)
The Concrete Frame Training Forum (CFTF), is a Training Group that run by CONSTRUCT and supported by CITB to help deliver the specialist skills required by the concrete structures industry.
Our priorities are:
- Attracting new talent into the concrete structures sector through career promotional campaigns
- Developing and the review of national qualifications, including apprenticeships and National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs)
- Developing new training standards for short courses that meet the changing needs of the sector
- Supporting our members gain access to grants through CITB and other sources
- Acting as the collective voice of industry on skills and training issues, including to CITB, government and the major contractors
- Sharing best practice on skills and training issues between our member companies.
CFTF has a committee made up of concrete contractor members who help guide and implement the strategy. The CFTF Training Officer, Dave Campbell, is members’ first port of call for any queries.
Every member of CONSTRUCT Concrete Structures Group becomes a member of CFTF for free, and then benefits from all the specialist advice, discount courses and additional funding not available to those outside of membership.
If you are not a member of CONSTRUCT, please view our membership pages for more information. Many members often gain some or more of their subscription back through grants and support.
The group meets four times per year, where all members are able to attend. The meetings provide the latest information on grants and funding available, and details of the work the group is undertaking in line with the priorities above, and a forum for members to express their views on training which shapes our lobbying work.
There are often guest speakers which in the past have included CITB, CSCS and the NOCN/CPCS. Outside of COVID times, these are normally face-to-face either at member premises or at colleges and training providers in and around London, Essex, and the South East.
Grants & Funding Support
CFTF supports its members by helping maximise the grants and funding they receive for training, including:
- Regular updates on changes to the CITB grant scheme, deadlines and new funds
- Applying directly for funding which members can exclusively access over and above the standard CITB grant scheme
- Assisting members to write and submit their applications for funding to CITB such as the skills & training fund, or from other funding bodies
- Assisting members for their individual claims to CITB to maximise return on their levy contributions
For more information or to ask a question on grants and funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 249 1355.