Each of your project contracts should set out the implications of any delays, including your obligations and liabilities.
Your contract terms and conditions may be related to the performance of others. Any contracts and international terms and conditions of Service (ICOTERMS) with EU and EEA customers may need to be amended.
There may be default Brexit terms, conditions or plans on the project that are not included in your contract.
Use our dedicated construction guide Are your Contracts Brexit Ready produced by Wedlake Bell which covers:
- Time and Programme
- Pricing clauses
- Guidance on both JCT & NEC Contracts
- Will a lack of goods or labour or any other Brexit issue cause delays to my works package
- Will other trades delay me on my projects?
- Will I delay other trades on my projects?
- Do I need to adjust my programmes, staffing and resources?
- Have I made my client and supply chain aware of any issues?
- Have I informed my project teams of any issues?
- Do I need to notify my insurers of any anticipated delays and/or claims?
- Check your contract clauses relating to delays
- Check for any project specific Brexit clauses or plans
- Identify any issues on your project that may affect your works
- Identify any issues in your supply chain that may affect your activities
- Inform your client and supply chain of any issues affecting your programme
- Check your insurance cover relating to delays
- Are your Contracts Brexit Ready?